Saturday 6 April 2013

Where's My Mojo??

April 6,2013
I got my Saliva Test results back on April 2,2013.
 It looks like progesterone is low, testosterone is OK and estrogen level is OK too. My Cortisol levels were way too high. I had blood work done too. It looks like Thyroid is out of wack! No wonder I feel out of sorts! For the past 6 months, my mojo (libido) was really low. First person to notice my loss of mojo was my husband. He knows when we are in bed together and  I say "it's all about you honey". That's when I knew it was time to get serious about my hormone levels.  The gradual weight gain of 10 pounds, frustrates me. Even with my daily workouts and infrared sauna time, I just can't get the weight off. It all seems to settle in my belly.  My Doctor told me, this is because of the low thyroid and the imbalance of the hormones. That really sucks! Not sleeping thru the night is a big problem for me. The constant waking up is annoying. And of course the extreme body heat and sweats when I wake up during the night. I throw off the covers and try and cool down. Which in turn keeps me awake. So my Doctor prescribed Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy or you can call it BHRT. I'm on 40 mg of progesterone cream, which will help the night sweats and give me back my mojo (libido). 90mg of Thyroid Erfa C for the high Cortisol levels and weight gain and Estriol Cream applied twice a week for vaginal dryness. Got a Dispensary Card and now I take THC Capsules/drops to help me sleep thru the night. And got on a high quality vitamin program, called Isagenix Product B. This vitamin program slows down the ageing process thru lengthening the telomeres on my DNA strand. 
This all sounds complicated, but extreme measures will hopefully give me results that will bring back my Mojo!
I'll keep updating this blog every week. 
Stay Tuned 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you Kandace,
I think a lot of people would just say, "oh well, it's just me getting older, but NO!!
Im making an appointment to see Dr. Tannis today...thanks for being so personal with us. :)