Tuesday 30 April 2013

Where's My Mojo? Week 4

I admit I drank my fair share of alcohol this week. Which was enjoyable at the time, but I paid for it dearly at night! Every night that I drank the 2 glasses of wine, I would wake up with hot sweats, 3 and 4 times during the night.

 The doctor said, "The precise reason for hot flashes is not totally understood, but they result from decreases in the hormone estrogen. It is thought that estrogen production may affect the area of the brain which controls the body's temperature. But its not as simple as that. And whats the deal with alcohol?
One possible theory goes like this: alcohol increases blood levels of estrogen; when these levels suddenly drop after the alcohol is processed by the body and removed from the blood stream, then there is a severe drop in estrogen and it's this drop which causes the hot flashes. An analogy of this mechanism would be what happens when you consume too much sugar.....a short sugar buzz, followed a few hours later by an big energy crash".
 OK then, I've got 2 parties this week so I'm going to limit my alcohol. I only lost 1 pound this week. That makes a total of 7 pounds.  Because of my height and build, I try to stick to around 1200 calories per day.  And I also have 1 Cleanse Day  during the week as well.  That's when I only drink liquids for the whole day. My Hubby has  been around all week and very frisky, I love that about him. So we were able to have 3 intimate  nights together. There was no vaginal dryness or discomfort. I used the Estriol cream only once this week. 


1 comment:

missmojogalore said...

I just got this email this morning and thought I should share it with everyone.

I love that you're bringing a discussion on menopause into play here. I have been talking to my younger clients about this upcoming 'event' to get them thinking about this shift in their lives and to be prepared. After all, we are so thoroughly taught and train on what to expect when our period starts, why not educate women from beginning to end?

I like focusing on, not just outer beauty, but the inner beauty one achieves as they age, garner wisdom, and enter into the 'mind, body, spirit' aspect of aging. I don't know about you, but women that I've encountered who are also on a spiritual journey project an inner glow and radiate a beauty that no plastic surgeon, botox, etc., can create (we need to bottle that! LOL)

Hope all's well with you my dear. Love seeing your photos on Facebook!

XO - Dar