Monday 22 April 2013

Where's My Mojo? Week 3


 It's week 3, and I'm keeping up with my regular workouts and eating habits. Hubby is back in town. Sex drive is up. 5 times this week. Could be because I missed him so much, but whatever it is .....I like it! The estriol cream is working too. There's no vaginal dryness. I lost another 2 pounds this week, yeah! Much better sleeps this week, I know it's because of the daily progesterone cream of 40mg.  I had to give up my daily infrared sauna time for this week due to some vein work I had done. To ensure this procedure works, it is necessary to keep away from saunas, hot baths, and hot tubs. I do this every few years, so that it will keep the spider veins to a minimum. Spider veins are the tiny red veins that I get on my legs and quite a lot on my ankles. For the past 10 years I've been seeing Roxanne Hallgren at the Laser Arbutus Center. She's starts by with an assessment which includes an ultrasound. She then takes a very tiny needle and injects a fluid into the spider vein which stops the flow of blood to the vein. It's easy and you only feel a little prick. This procedure is called Scierotherapy and the cost is around $150. It's worth it and keeps the legs looking young.  Arbutus Laser Center also treats the larger blue veins as well.

Here is a before and after shot I found on the internet. 


Before & After

No comments: